I am a Hamilton based Life Coach ready to encourage, inspire, and motivate you to achieve your life goals be the best “you” you can be. Listening to your goals and aspirations and respecting your beliefs I will help you open your mind to options and action plans that will move you forward to achieving your goals. I am warm, personable and truly believe in people. Enquire today to find out how a life coach can help you.
Kathy Shaw - Life Coach
I am an experienced Healthcare professional having worked as a Registered Nurse, Supervisor, Educator, Mentor, and Manager in both the Public and Private Health Sector. While nursing, I specialised in neo-natal and adult intensive care and then moved into education and leadership roles. It was as an educator and mentor for nurses that I realised my passion for helping others to succeed and shine in all aspects of their life. I have mentored many nurses through their post-graduate studies and the challenging experiences they face in their work.
The passion I discovered for helping others led me to train as a Life and Abundance coach where I can now fulfil my own goals and aspirations by encouraging, inspiring, and motivating others to fulfil theirs.
Supporting me in my life goals is Neil, my husband of over 27 years, and my three adult children.
Kathy Shaw RN, BN, Master of Health Practice, Certificate in Life coaching and abundance coaching, Certificate in Supervision skills for Health & Social Service Professionals.
Benefits of Life Coaching
“A coach’s ability to offer objective, yet highly tailored feedback and support makes a fundamental difference in creating lasting change. And even after a coaching engagement has ended, the client of a great coach can access their own inner coach to guide their choices with emotional intelligence.”
As your life coach I will help you to:
- Gain clarity about what you want
- Improve confidence in yourself
- Overcome obstacles, fear and insecurities to set you ahead of the pack
- Guide you in implementation of your goals
- Recognise the possibilities for your life ahead
- Create a plan to reach your goals faster
- Hold you accountable for your plans
Benefits of Supervision
“Supervision enables experienced professionals to achieve, sustain and creatively develop a high quality of practice through the means of focused support and development.”
Bond and Holland (2011)
As your supervisor I will help you to:
- Provide regular opportunities to reflect on your work, your self and your goals
- Develop skills and strategies that allow you to be more effective in your role
- Be validated and supported as a person and as a professional
- Ensure that you are not left to carry alone difficulties and problems that arise as a result of the work that you do
- Have the opportunity to offload and express personal responses/feelings that arise as a result of the work you do
- Help you manage your workload and keep your eye on what is most important
- Gain insight and understanding about why things turned out the way they did
- Be proactive not reactive.To receive feedback and coaching in areas of emotional intelligence, attitudes, habits, personal qualities…
These sessions are for those who want to make a meaningful change. It enables you to take control of your life, and to achieve your goals. You may have come to the realisation that you are stuck or you want to pursue a dream you have. As a life coach, I can help you to achieve this.
One-on-one sessions either in person or online using Skype or Zoom. In these sessions we will explore how you can get more out of your life, and take those big steps towards achieving your dreams.
One on one supervision sessions to allow for deep reflection on clinical practice or your working environment. I aim to enable the supervisee to achieve, sustain and develop high quality practice by supporting them.
Supervision values the development of professional and practice knowledge, while also maintaining and safeguarding standards of practice.
I offer workshops to small or large groups and focus these on Healthcare Professionals who are either new to the profession or needing refreshers on how best to manage in maintaining their overall well-being. The topics covered include:
- Personal development
- Self care
- Managing workload/shiftwork/home life
- Managing relationships
- Reframing how you think
- Building resilience
My experience with Kathy - through her personal life coaching sessions is remarkable. Kathy has assisted me in understanding my own personal values and where those values sit in regards to every aspect of my life. Kathy’s compassionate nature allows for open and honest discussions - which has assisted me in goal setting and identifying what is most important, not only looking forward but also being present in every day.
Enquire now to find out more information on pricing and packages.
Disclaimer: As each person is uniquely individual, results may differ and are not guaranteed